Friday, October 31, 2008

Archaeology, History, and Science

I've been studying a lot of subjects these past few weeks. Giants and megoliths, Immanuel Kant and Kant philosophy, which can be summarized in the Golden Rule of "do unto others as you would have done unto you" (thanks to my friend for showing me this German philosopher's works), free energy based on the earth's magnetic/static energy that already exists all around us that Nikola Tesla (a long time favorite of mine) worked with in his time, "The Sun Kings", the Yuchi and Cherokee tribes of Native American Indians, some of ancient India's interesting paintings and teachings on "flying machines", ancient Sumeria, Genghis Khan, (who had RED hair, who knew?), flax and how it was hand-processed and spun, long after wool manufacturing because of flax's delicate nature, and unfortunately how rough life was on flax spinners, and recent Israeli archaeological finds are most of the subjects I've been learning about.

Obviously not too in depth on any one subject, but it's more of how all those subjects are connected that I've been studying. I've been studying the migrations of people from the beginning and how and where original knowledge and wisdom went with them or got lost and corrupted. It's been a very faith building journey for me to see God's Word documented in history that I found so boring during high school.

How fascinating recent archaeology finds have been! They may document Biblical places and events. One is located on a hill above the valley where it is believed the young, shepherd-teen David, (later King David) slew Goliath the giant. If you have a chance, be sure to go through both sets of pictures in the following link and let me know what you think.

Israeli Archaeology Finds

If any of those subjects interest you, I would love to post some of the sites I've visited and hear others' thoughts on them. Just let me know if something interests you by leaving a comment.

2 comments:

Morag Lloyds said...

I am very interested in this subject and my paintings that I sold in London at one time were of still life's of finds I found in museums, ie items I could see links across the world with. I am interested in how you can follow human migration by looking at art. Please let me know if you would like me to email you some of these paintings. 28parkave twitter

Gina - RoseThistleArtworks said...

I would definitely like to see some of those paintings and hear about following migrations that way. Thank you!