Thursday, February 26, 2009

Art Available and Help for a Friend

Hello, everyone! I hope you are all having a great day today.

After a loooooong creative drought, I have added a few prints and a listing for a custom pet portrait needlefelt wooliture (wool sculpture) to my new shoppe at http://rosethistleartworks.artfire.com/



I am currently working on several woolitures that I hope to offer for sale in the near future, too. I've never seen any wool sculptures like the one I am working on right now. It took months and months to find the right supplies that I was looking for. Wouldn't you know it? I finally found these elusive supplies at Red Lobster of all places! LOL We went there to celebrate my son's birthday just last week and my artistic drought was ended when these supplies were found! I'm very excited to finish these projects that have been shelved for almost a year, maybe longer.

I have a very dear friend, Sarah, whose family has been struck by unexpected and sudden tragedy. Her husband, Larry, was rear ended in a traffic accident, (by someone charged with DUI), which caused debilitating injuries to his neck, back and broke his hip in addition to totaling the family's "work" truck. We're all so grateful that he is alive! But, he will be having surgeries and healing over the next year at least and will be unable to work. They also lost their work truck. Sarah has been doing the construction work, herself, to support her family, while she ALSO cares for her husband right now. She is also always extremely supportive of everyone around her, even while going through these trials. She offers so much heart in everything she does. She is a gift and an inspiration to me. I'm hoping to be able to give back to her now while she has a financial need.

I am offering all profits from sales in my shoppe to her and her family until they have moved beyond this difficult time. I will try to post updates here on the blog. Larry is recovering from his first surgery on his neck. He is wearing a neck brace 24 hours a day right now. My friend has been changing his bandages daily, too. She even shaved his face yesterday! I know my husband wouldn't let me near his face with a razor. LOL That's some love and bravery on both their parts!

If you find you are able to help this family out with a small or large gift you can donate directly through http://paypal.com/ to shuntmama@aol.com Since this is a long term disability for the breadwinner of the family, all gifts are greatly appreciated, to help this family during this trying time.

You can see the new shoppe by clicking on some of the listings for sale down below or on the mini shoppe in the sidebar of this blog.










No comments: